WG2.9 - Software Requirements Engineering
The aim of the Working Group is to develop a better understanding of:
- the elicitation, specification, analysis and management of the requirements for large and complex software intensive systems;
- the interpretation and documentation of those requirements in such a way as to permit the developer to construct a system which will satisfy them.
The Scope of the WG includes all aspects of requirements engineering. Some examples of areas of special interest are:
- formal representation schemes and requirements modelling;
- descriptions of the requirements engineering process;
- tools and environments to support requirements engineering;
- requirements engineering methods;
- requirements analysis and validation;
- requirements elicitation, acquisition and formalisation;
- methods and tools for verification of an implementation's compliance with requirements;
- reuse and adaptation of requirements;
- domain modelling and analysis;
- requirements engineering for distributed, safety-critical, composite, real-time and embedded systems.